2009年10月7日水曜日

Blog Homework 2: Annoying things


Hi guys,

Thanks for your blog comments. It was – as always – a pleasure to read them. A few quick comments from me. Tomohiro: I recommend books by 誉田哲也 in particular Strawberry Night. Tohma: When is the Shimonoseki Kaikyo marathon? Was that what you were talking with Mr. Ouchi about the other day? Best of luck! Daiki: Sounds like you’re a big Michael Owens fan! Terumi: Your Aikido club is crazy!! I’m glad you survived! Mayumi: I hope you managed to save lots of money! Toru: 100 fish is too much! Throw some back next time! Yuu: You are an avid traveler, aren’t you! I would love to hear more about your trip to China. Satoru & Yoko: I’m glad you had fun in OZ! Satoru, do you really want to spend more time there?! Anyway, I hope there’s a chance for you both to return there soon, and hopefully visit Uluru. In the meantime, Yoko – good luck with your TOEFL study!!

==================================================================


Okay, let’s turn to this week’s blog homework. This week and last week in class we talked about annoying things. And, in this week’s homework I’m interested in hearing about what you typically do when someone is annoying you. Are you the type of person who complains? Or are you more likely to keep quiet and perhaps whinge (http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=90226&dict=CALD) to yourself? Also, I’d like to know what you would do in this situation. Say you were walking past a park, and you saw a group of young boys (about 10 years old) throwing stones at pigeons. What would you do??!! I’m interested in hearing your opinions and comments. Next week, I’ll share mine. Don’t forget to give the person before you a brief comment, and to try and read as many of your classmate’s comments as possible. Please leave your comment by next Tuesday (13th) midnight.

Best Wishes,
Kris

12 件のコメント:

  1. Hi,this is Daiki.
    Now,I'd like to tell what I'd do in this situation.

    In the beginning,I might think what I should do to stop them for a while,and If these guys continue to do the same thing,I'd tell them to stop doing that softly.If they wouldn't listen to me,I'd have adult people in the city stop stop them. I'd also suggest that adult people tell the teachers of schools to meke students stop making others bother.

    返信削除
  2. In my case, I hate complaining or whinging, so I basically take action when someone is annoying me. Of course, I don't use violence. I just talk it over with him. If he doesn't stop it, I might warn him strongly.

    In this situation, I would talk them out of throwing stones at pigeons because the stone could hit other children in the park. And if they were really trying to kill pigeons, I defenetely would run up to them and make them stop it immediately.

    Daiki, I didn't think of such a good idea. I think it is one of the best ideas.

    返信削除
  3. When I am annoyed, basically I keep quiet and in this situation, too. I’m not brave to say the boys anything, so I only hope in my mind; “Boys, don’t throwing stones” and “pigeons, escape the stones.”

    Daiki: your idea is a reasonable suggestion. Satoru: Solve by talk will prevent them from throwing stones again.

    返信削除
  4. I had such a experience, but then object of victim was not a pigeon but a cat. I'm a cat-lover so then I stopped the children from teasing the cat immediately. If I encounter in this case, I would take the same action as Daiki.

    I usually don't retort I can to avoid quarrel, but when I'm very very annoyed with someone, I would give my opinion clearly.

    Everyone's idea is pretty good. Daiki's opinion is closest to mine, and I agree with Terumi's opinion. I usually think so.

    返信削除
  5. Hello, I'm Yoko.

    I think Yuu is very kind and very good girl.

    I think it depends on who you are.For example, I feel annoy when I am in the store. I maybe talk a clerk about it.However, If I annoy with my friends and teachers I sometimes not to talk them about it.

    In this case, I want to talk with the boy.But these days, some parents are very overprotective. So I think I will to keep quiet.But I am going to stare at the boy.

    返信削除
  6. Hi, this is Tohma.

    In my case, I don't like fighting each other and I think I can't beat up someone. When I become irritated, sometimes I don't say nothing.
    I think it depends on the state of my feelings when the nasty thing happens. If my feelings is not so good, I would get angry easily.

    I think Daiki's solution is the best. But I don't like being involved in something wrong. It might be hard thing for me to stop it alone.
    It's my weakness I should change.

    返信削除
  7. In my opinion,in the beginning,I will not talk or scold with that guys,as long as they don't aim pigeons seriously.

    However, when they don't stop throwing stones to them for a long time,I will ask why they are doing so? Then I may scold or try to calm that guys down.

    Judging from your opinions,I think“talking" is the best way to solve or make this situation better.

    返信削除
  8. Hi, this is Tomohiro

    Sorry I was late to give a comment.

    Daiki, your idea is pretty good. To make children stop bothering other people, it's good to take their parents or teachers.

    I'm not good at persuading people, so I would take different way. Using violence? Taking their parents or teachers? NO. I would just scream loudly in order to get pigeons away. If I would do so, pigeons would go away and the group of boys would stop throwing stones at
    them. I belive this way wouldn't hurt anyone and anything, so this is best way to solve this kind of problems.

    If I were a pigeon, I would attack boys throwing stones at me.

    返信削除
  9. Mayumi Matsumoto2009年10月13日 23:50

    Hi,this is Mayumi.
    I'm sorry to late.

    I don't like quarrel or fight. So I usually say nothing. However if I am very irritated in my mind, at first I say nothing and hear silently. But after the annoying, I will say my opinion and complaint calmly not irritating.

    Everyone's opinion is very good. But my opinion is the same as Yoko's. I also want to talk but say nothing and stare at him.

    返信削除
  10. Hi, I'm Haruki.
    I'm sorry to late.

    Daiki's idea is so good!! I think it is necessary to attempt telling them. Stop to throw stones at pigeons!!!

    Well,If I were you, I would pretend to indifference. Actually, I couldn't tell them to stop doing, but young boys whom I know throws stones at pigeons, I might be able to adomonish for them.

    返信削除
  11. Hello,this is Miya.
    I'm sorry to give a comment too late.

    If someone is annoying me,I'll say nothing as almest my classmates. But,I'll be not able to stand soon,and say my opinion.


    In the stuation,I'll also say my opinion and advice the boys.
    Everyone's comments are very good.
    I think everyone is kind for others.

    返信削除
  12. i am Masayoshi

    I must apologiza for sending my oppinion.

    In my case I cannot tell them it directly.
    Because I dislike saying to person who I never met.

    After all I will complain about them when I win go back home .

    But to tell the truth I do not know if i face the real spot.

    返信削除