2009年5月13日水曜日

Homework 4: What do YOU think?

Hi everyone,

I hope you enjoyed today's class and group discussion activity. And thank you once again for sharing your truths and lies. I really enjoyed reading them!

Okay, in this week's blog homework I'd like you to think a bit more about the types of living situations you don't mind, and those that you can't stand. In particular, I'd like you to practice the "agreeing" and "disagreeing" phrases introduced in the textbook (and of course any other phrases that you know). So, below are some of my ideas. Please respond (agree or disagree) with one of these, and share your reasons and thoughts. Or, you can respond to one of your classmates' ideas. I'm looking forward to reading your comments.

2. I definitely don't want to live in a neighbourhood with a lot of crime. I don't want to live in a neighbourhood where I feel scared to walk alone at night.

3. Personally, I couldn't care less if my house has bad Feng Shui. I don't believe in that rubbish.

4. I think it would be awkward to live in the same building - let alone the same floor - as my ex.

5. I think it's more important to live in a house that is safe, than to save a few bucks.

6. There is NO WAY I would live in an area with poisonous spiders. In Australia, where I'm from, there are SO many poisonous spiders. I hate them and they freak me out. I wouldn't be able to relax if I knew that spiders were around.

(these are all from page 16 of the class textbook)

Please share your ideas before next week's class (preferably by Tuesday so I can read them before the next class). Have a great week!

Kris

12 件のコメント:

  1. Hi! I'm Toru.

    6.
    I agree with Kris's idea!!!!
    Of course, I cannot relax even when I stay home. Especialy,if that spider exsists on my bed when I go to,difinitely,I will not be able to sleep well that night.
    I don't hate all insects.But I hate spiders,cookroach and kind of weird insects!

    So I don't want to live in such a place!

    How about you?

    返信削除
  2. Hello, this is Tohma.

    3.
    I'm with you on that one. In fact, I don't know about Feng Shui at all.
    So, I don't care about it. If you don't care, nothing will happen.
    When I was a child, I believe some superstitions and I was worried about them. But, now I'm rarely afraid of them.

    返信削除
  3. Mayumi Matsumoto2009年5月17日 0:10

    Hi, I'm Mayumi.

    2.
    I extremely agree with Kris's idea.
    If I live in such a place, I can't feel at home and be scared all the time.
    I will even become a illness!!
    So I don't want to such a awful place.

    返信削除
  4. Hi,I'm Daiki.

    3.
    I'm with you on that one.
    It may sound creepy to live there to be sure,
    however, looking at this topic from another point of perspective,this is just fortunetelling.
    It's allmost like fortunetelling everywhere,broadcasted on TV.
    If you are still worried about Feng shui,you should cousult with a person who is knowledge of Feng shui.Then, you should do as he or she said.
    Anyway it sounds stupid not to live in such a beautiful and cheap apartment because of just a furturetelling.

    返信削除
  5. 2:
    I'm with you on that one. I definitely don't want to live there because I don't want to be involved in such a crime.
    In addition, many young people are moving into the area, so they must be noisy and I won't sleep well at night.
    That's why I would never live there.

    返信削除
  6. 6.
    I'm with you on that one.
    I never want to live such environment.
    I cannot be careless about that spiders and have to stock much insecticide.
    If my home has lots of spiders, I am so nervous.
    Because of the spiders I cannot concentrate something
    for example, study,sleep,,,
    That is why I would not live there.

    返信削除
  7. 5.
    I'm with you on that one.
    Maybe, the old house wouldn't be designed to absorb seismic energy, so if a severe earthquake occurs, the house will be fall down.
    It is attractive prize, but our life is more important. So, I don’t to live such a inferior house.

    返信削除
  8. Hellow, everyone!
    I chose No,5.

    5.
    I agree with Kris's idea. You don't have to worry even if your house has bad Feng Shui. I think you'd be sure to experience the good thing next time if you have a bad time. Definitely, such a superstition do not influence your life!! By the way, my birthday is September 13. In western culture, thirteen is a inauspicious number. Is my life unhappy? STUPID!!!

    返信削除
  9. 3
    I disagree with you on the idea. I definitely don't want to live in a place having bad Feng Shui. When something bad happens, I'm sure that we will think the accident is related to bad Feng Shui whether Feng Shui is true or not.
    If you could for get bad Feng Shui and live comfortably there, I think you are really something.

    返信削除
  10. Good evening!I'm Yoko.
    2;I'm with you that one.
    I think it is risky for us (especially girls) to live there alone.
    And I think the man will invite his friends to his house. They will make noise.
    I want to live a quite residental area.
    So, I'd hate to live there.

    I arrived on time;)

    返信削除
  11. Hi,I am Yuu.

    No.6
    I guess Kris is right. I cannot live the area that there are poisonous spiders because I cannot feel comfortable and relax.If I spray an insecticide, I feel uneasiness.

    返信削除